LEGAL SERVICES & COUNSEL
- We do not collect any personally identifiable information (e.g., name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, social security number) unless you are a party to a transaction (e.g., a real estate closing) that we are handling or we are representing you in some other legal matter. In such instance, we may receive such information directly from you, from third parties who are also involved in your transaction (such as the other party to the transaction, your lender and your real estate agent), or through the use of public records. Information may be submitted or disclosed to us by mail, courier service, telephone, fax, or e-mail.
- We will solicit or obtain such information only to the extent that it is necessary to enable us to handle your transaction or otherwise represent you.
- We will not disclose your non-public personally identifiable information to third parties, except to the extent that it is necessary for us to handle your transaction and/or for our representation of you.
- If we send your non-public personally identifiable information to a third party, we will do so in a form that is designed not to be intercepted by anyone other than its intended recipient. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, such information sent by e-mail will be encrypted so that only the intended recipient is able to access it.
- Unfortunately, as we too frequently hear in the news, the world is full of people who can hack into computers connected to and things sent by the internet. Furthermore, once package are picked up from our office by a courier service, we no longer have control over who actually receives and opens them. Accordingly, while we use various safeguards to ensure that your non-public information is not disclosed to any person not involved in or otherwise (e.g., the Internal Revenue Service) entitled to have such information, we cannot guaranty that your private information will not be compromised by circumstances beyond our control.